- Last Active
- Members, Staff
To the best of my knowledge, dotTEST version 9.x does not load any *.config files and the feature you are writing about is not supported.
However, I think that there is a possible workaround for this issue. dotTEST 9.x uses a custom tests runner that executes both NUnit and MSTest tests. You can provide this custom runner with a *.config file that contains your settings. In order to do so, perform following steps:
- Open dotTEST 9.x installation directory - usually it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Parasoft\dotTEST unless you specified another custom location while installing dotTEST.
- Open the folder named as your dotTEST version, e.g. "9.6". Please double check that this is the version integrated with your Visual Studio.
- Go to plugins\com.parasoft.xtest.libs.vstudio.dotnet\engine subfolder.
- Place your .config file in that subfolder and rename it to Parasoft.Dottest.TestsRunner.config.
- Run your tests from Test Case Explorer to see if this fixed the problem.
You need to remove the settings file after tests are done, to make sure it will not impact any other tests you will run in the future.
Please let me know if that solves your issue. Regards!1