Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Unable to uninstall Parasoft Test 9.5 after uninstalling C++Test 9.5

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in C/C++test
uninstall issue
I've had Parasoft test 9.5, C++Test 9.5 and dotTest C++ 9.5 installed and using them from VS 2013. We are upgrading to version 9.6 so I uninstalled dotTest, then C++Test. But when I try to uninstall Parasoft Test I get an error message "Cannot unregister Parasoft Test from Visual Studio 2013 because other installed products depend on it. Please uninstall Parasoft C++test and try again." I've rebooted and tried to uninstall it again, but same problem. I've already uninstalled C++test. VS 2013 is not running; it does not think I have the C++Test installed nor does my control panel programs think I have C++test installed. I did get a funky empty dialog box when I started the C++test uninstall - I just hit OK and the uninstall seemed to proceed without any other issues.

There are several registry keys that haven't been removed by the C++test - one that looks suspicious is
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Parasoft\Test for Visual Studio\9.0\VS2013]
"cpptest"=""

Is this preventing me from uninstalling Parasoft Test?

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'll reply to my own post. Deleting that registry key finally allowed me to uninstall Parasoft Test.