Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Changing/Checking severity level of rules

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in Jtest
unable tochange/find the severity levels
Hi
1. I have to change the severity level of certain exisiting rules(eg. PB.SBC,OOP.AHSM, CODSTA.VDT etc). But when i right click the the rule i can not see the rule wizard option. How do I change the severity of these rules?
2. After i run the jtest, how can find out the severity level of a error reported from the errors found window?
Thanks!

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Hello Billy,

Below are the answers to your questions:

1. : The rules that are not possible to open with RuleWizard are created with Eclipse. But there is a way to modify the severity level and it is by creating a Rule mapping file. To view the documentaion of how to do this please click on Jtest > Help. In the search field type: Rule Map.

2.:To view the severity level you would need to open the configurations and click on the Standards tab. At the moment this is the location where you can view the severity level of the rule. Viewing the severity level in the Errors Found view is a Feature Request for Jtest version 6.0.

techie2
  • LegacyForum
    Thank you very much the response!