Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Links to test file locations

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in C/C++test
Following the paragraph "Executing Existing CppUnit Test Cases" from the C++_userguide I added test files into tests subdirectory of my project. The "Test suite file search patterns" is set to "${project_loc}/tests/*".

The problem is that files in the tests directory which are linked to somewhere else are not executed. Curretnly I created special Test Configuration for every location where the test file resides with the explicit path in search patterns.

This is very annoying for our work team because every programmer must enter different path (from his/her point of view) and have plenty of different Test Configurations.

Can you please tell me if there is a better solution for this problem ?

Thanks,

Stefan

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hi,

In general, you can specify multiple test-file locations by separating them with a semi-colon character (

Also, you might want to consider using the ${resource_loc} variable, rather than project_loc if the test files are residing in a "foreign" location.

For example:

${resource_loc:/<project_name>/directory}/tests/*

--Rich