Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Exporting test configuration

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in Jtest
to list rules used to analyze the source
Hi,
I have different JTest configurations for different categories of validations (say must-have-rules, nice-to-have-rules). Once reports are generated, I would like to know which set of rules were used while analyzing the source code and generating the report. So I am wondering if there is a way where we could export the configuration to an html file (or any file) ?
-
Priyank RASTOGI

Comments

• LegacyForum
    the properties file being generated right now is not very useful.
    I would prefer ruleid of the rule versus the rule description, in a properties or an html file.

I could also not find a complete list of rules with desciptions in any of the documents.
    So for anybody to have a look at the report and decipher the ruleid, he/she has to install the JTest. Please let me know if I am missing something.

-
    Priyank RASTOGI
  • LegacyForum
    edited February 2005
    Some other ways to determine which set of rules were used while analyzing the source:

-In the html report generated one could click on the properties link (at the bottom) and view the name
    of the configuration that was used. The user would need to open the Jtest configurations window to
    view the applied rules.

- You may create this documentation using Jtest also.
    Open the Jtest configurations window and right-click in the standards area. You will
    see the menu item - "Display Enabled Rules Documentation".

To get a list of all rules, enable all rules and then display the enabled rules documentation.

You can also print the rule description for selected rules in the Jtest docs.

Please let us know if this helps.

keywords: list of rules, listing, rule documentation, jtest rules, standards docs.
  • LegacyForum
    This is what I was looking for. Thanks.